While the landmark South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. et. al. case was decided over two years ago, states have not backed down on sales tax. Conversely, states have become increasingly aggressive in their sales tax collection efforts through nexus questionnaires, notices, and audit assessments. States continue to enact new legislation to broaden their tax base of products/services subject to sales tax.
Have you considered any of the following?
- Do you make sales greater than $100,000 to states?
- Do you have physical presence in states?
- Do you know if you are registered in all the states you should be?
- Do you make taxable sales?
- Are you aware of the impact of uncollected sales tax on your financial statements?
- Are you collecting exemption certificates?
- Are you planning to sell/looking to acquire?
- Are you a software provider or technology company?
- Do you have multiple entities within your organizational structure?
- Are you a foreign entity looking to start doing business in the United States?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we invite you to watch our webinar where we will dive deeper into sales tax. You will learn what you can do to protect your business from unforeseen sales tax liabilities and how PKF Mueller can help you manage this risk.