Ann M. Behrens, CPA , CVA
Ann has 26 years’ experience in tax advisory services and has also worked in the private industry with foreign owned entities. As lead of the Firm’s tax practice, she has extensive experience providing specialized tax solutions to business entities and their owners. In addition to providing corporate and individual tax services, Ann has assisted clients with complex tax planning involving corporate and partnership entity structures, cost segregation studies, state and local tax, and gift and estate tax planning.
Ann also specializes in serving business founders, entrepreneurs, and high-net-worth individuals by helping them navigate the unique and often sophisticated challenges of wealth management. She works closely with clients and financial advisors in identifying tax minimization strategies during tax planning, estate planning, and succession planning development.
Ann has considerable experience performing business valuations and cost segregation services to a variety of clients in multiple industries. In her previous position at a national firm, Ann was instrumental in the creation and implementation of their national cost segregation group. Ann passed the business valuation training exam given by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) for Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) in November 2005. She was awarded the designation of CVA in 2006.
Education & certifications
- B.S., Accounting, DePaul University, Chicago, 1987
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, 1988
- Certified Valuation Analyst, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, 2006
Professional & Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- American Woman’s Society of Certified Public Accountants (AWSCPA)
- Holiday Heroes Foundation, Board Member
- Chicago Finance Exchange, Member
- Prairie Center for the Arts Foundation, Member of the Board of Directors and President, 1996 to 2001
- N.E.W. 200 Foundation, Past Board Member
- Gates 200 Foundation, Past Board Member