With over 35 years of tax experience, Karen joined PKF Mueller in 2023 as a State & Local Tax Director. She has expertise in providing state and local tax services such as consulting, due diligence, tax planning, and compliance to a wide variety of clients.
Karen is a licensed attorney, a certified public accountant in Illinois, and a key member of the Firm’s State and Local Tax Group (SALT), which provides research and consulting services dealing with multi-state income and franchise taxes, sales and use tax, credits and incentives, employment taxes, property taxes, and state and local planning.
Karen has experience with a diversified client base focusing on clients in the following industries: manufacturing, consulting & similar services, transportation, and software sales & related services.
Karen has strong research, writing, and analytical skills, with the ability to analyze tax issues in complex situations.
Education & Certifications
- B.A., American Civilization, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL – Magna Cum Laude
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, MI
- LL.M. in Taxation, John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL
Professional & Civic Organizations
- Chicago Bar Association, Chicago Tax Club, State & Local Tax Committee, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, State & Local Tax Committee, Former Chair
- Deacon (recording secretary), personnel committee, Northminster Presbyterian Church, Evanston, IL