Kelly Jordan, CPA, Jurisprudence in International Tax Law, MBA, MBA, CFS, CITA, CTPS
Kelly joined the Tax Department at PKF Mueller in January 2022 with over 21 years of experience. Kelly is an experienced tax advisor and preparer in the construction, IT, Industry 4.0, Industry 5.0, Digital economy business models, Digital taxation, Internet of Things (IoT), manufacturing, medical, oil and gas, real estate, restaurant, retail, service, software, technology, wholesale, and other industries. He is proficient in consulting, preparing, and reviewing corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns and other international, federal, and multi-state tax returns in various sectors.
Kelly is highly qualified to perform strategic tax planning, tax configuration, and nexus optimization globally, reducing state, U.S., and international effective tax rates through tax credits and policies while maintaining regulatory compliance with various taxing jurisdictions.
He considers himself a corporate tax “problem solver,” advising his clients on transactions, tax audit risk reduction, and tax saving guidance of capital and entity structuring, restructuring, entity configuration, reorganization, dispositions, international income tax, GAAP, and IFRS. He is also highly proficient with tax issues in acquisitions, depreciation, distributions, foreign income, liquidations, international tax reports, M&A, NOLs, stock substitution for salary, Qualified Small Business Stock sale gain exclusion, and tax research, as well as global tax cash reduction, forecasting, and foreign tax credit calculation, and strategies. He is an expert in tax planning strategies for Multinational clients, tax treaties, transfer pricing, global tax strategies, OECD, BEPS, foreign ownership of U.S. companies, and U.S. ownership of foreign companies.
He has solved global tax problems, reduced tax risk, and saved taxes worldwide.
Education & Certifications
- Master of Jurisprudence, International Tax Law, Summa Cum Laude, Texas A&M University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- International Tax Certification, Texas A&M University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- AICPA U.S. International Tax Certification: AICPA International Tax Multiple Digital Badges, and AICPA IFRS Certification, 2019
- M.B.A., Management Concentration, M.B.A., Accounting Concentration, Summa Cum Laude, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas
- Certified Transfer Pricing Specialist
- Chartered International Tax Analyst
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Texas
- B.B.A., Accounting, Cum Laude, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas
- “Resolution of Incorrect Depreciation” – April 21, 2021
- “International Forms, Documentation, and Internal Revenue Code Requirements” – 2021
- “Foreign Tax Credit Documentation and Risk” – 2021
- “Foreign Tax Credit Statutory Deadlines” – 2021
- “International Tax Pain Points” – 2020
- “Corporate Acquisitions, International Revenue Code 382, SRLY, NOL and Inversions” – 2020
- “Worldwide Tax Policy Risk of Nine Countries” – 2020
- “Transfer Pricing of Intangibles,” published in Taxation of Intellectual Property and Technology, 2017 edition
Professional & Civic Organizations
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) and International Tax Planning Professionals
- National Association of Tax Professionals
- Value Added Tax Group and VAT Club