Scott Simpson, MST, CPA
Scott is an International Director in the Firm’s Tax Department. He brings over 30 years of tax experience with large multinational companies and public accounting for middle-market clients. Scott has extensive Fortune 500 tax department experience and has expertise in international tax planning and compliance issues for C & S-corps, partnerships, and high net-wealth individuals regarding the utilization of foreign tax credits, US tax inclusions, cash repatriation and transfer pricing.
Scott’s experience is in a variety of industries of which include public accounting, manufacturing, health care, retail, and professional services.
Scott is analytical, detail oriented, and client-centric minded and looks forward to bringing these attributes to client engagements.
- Foreign Tax Credit Planning
- Foreign Tax Compliance
- Transfer Pricing
- Cash Repatriation
- International Tax Panning & Provision
- GILTI, FDII, Subpart F & §956
- US & Foreign Audit Defense
- Corporate Industry Experience
Education & Certifications
- B.S. Accounting, University of Oklahoma, 1986
- Master of Taxation, University of Oklahoma, 1988
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Missouri, 1990
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, 2018
Professional & Civic Organizations
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Missouri Society of CPAs
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Chicago Tax Club – International committee member
Awards & Honors
- TAG Alliance recommended Firm resource, 2021