Whether you are a foreign company with operations in the U.S. or a U.S. company with operations abroad, international tax challenges are among the most complex and costly issues facing companies today. The increasing complexity of international tax laws and regulations makes international tax compliance, consulting, and structuring a critical element of any company’s international business strategy.
Mueller can provide great value to your company with our resources and expertise in the international tax arena. Our professionals have experience working with complex international tax concepts across a broad range of industries.
- Accounting regulatory compliance
- Choice of entities
- Developing tax strategies
- Due diligence on expansion opportunities
- Permanent establishment rules
- Planning and implementing export incentives
- Planning for asset transfers between U.S. and foreign companies
- Planning for outbound and inbound executives
- Reporting and disclosure rules
- Strategies for repatriating income
- Structuring foreign sales corporations
- Techniques for repatriation of earnings and use of foreign tax credits
- Using income and estate tax treaties
- Audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)