Daniel Patterson, CPA
Dan joined PKF Mueller in 2016 as an Intern and at the end of the internship was offered a full time Associate position in the firm’s Client Advisory Services Department and is now a Supervisor.
Dan has experience using QuickBooks® and tax accounting software to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and tax returns for clients. He also has experience implementing, integrating, and customizing Sage Intacct software (a cloud based Financial Performance Management software).
Dan’s focus is on clients within the manufacturing, construction, health, technology, life sciences, and professional service industries. Dan is a key member of the Firm’s Cannabis Accounting team as part of the Life Sciences niche. When the COVID-19 legislation was drafted, including the CARES Act, Dan also joined PKF Mueller’s COVID-19 First Response Team. He consulted small businesses on the various provisions, including the Employee Retention Credit (ERC).
Dan obtained his Certified Public Accounting license in November of 2019 and is committed to expanding his knowledge on a daily basis.
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Accounting, Northern Illinois University
- Minor, Marketing, Northern Illinois University
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor®
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, 2019
Professional & Civic Organizations
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS), Member
- Business and Referral Connection (BARC), Member
- Beta Alpha Psi, Member
- Dean’s List