Eleanor Livingston, CPA, MST
Eleanor joined the Firm’s Tax Department as a Not-For-Profit Director with over 20 years of experience in public accounting. Eleanor worked for a Big 4 accounting firm as well as large regional firms. She has expertise in not-for-profit tax, pass-through entities and their owners, tax accounting, and tax research.
Eleanor is a leading member of the Firm’s Not-For-Profit team focusing on the tax issues faced by not-for-profits, including the information reporting required to maintain their exempt status, reviewing activities for unrelated business income tax exposure, structuring to minimize tax liabilities, assisting organizations in regaining exempt status after automatic revocation and the many other issues faced by charitable organizations on both the federal and state level.
Eleanor is a knowledgeable tax professional skilled in research, compliance, planning and accounting in the manufacturing and professional services areas, in addition to helping not-for-profit organizations manage their reporting responsibilities. Her attention to detail and ability to multitask allows her to serve clients in the most effective and time-efficient manner.
Education & Certifications
- B.A., Accounting, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- M.S.T., Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Kentucky
Professional & Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Friends of the Library Council Member
- Louisville Academy of Music Board Treasurer
- Louisville Soccer Foundation Board Member